Friday, October 3, 2008

Wow, it has been a while since I have updated you all. Almost a week. I have been checking our blog almost everyday and I have been loving all the comments. Thank you so much for the notes. Even though we have been checking our blog we have had very little time to sit down and "blog". But now that Friday is here and coming to an end things are slowing down for us. As many of you know today is Micah's birthday! And what did we do to celebrate???? We signed a lease on our new home! If you would like to check it out go to http://www.cheffins.co.uk/cheffins-property/welland-place-ely-5238. I hope that link works.... it should:). We are very excited about the new place. It was very hard to find a place with the wash machine not in the kitchen or a kitchen without carpet. So the home we found is quite British but includes some of the luxuries we Americans take for granted. We are a little frustrated because we can't move in until November 1 but I think we will make it.
We have been driving among the Brits for a while now and we still are accident free! Not so much close call free, but close calls don't count. The things that seemed so scary about driving here, such as the roundabouts, now seem fairly easy, and logical. If they are used correctly they really help the flow of traffic. Micah and I bought a GPS this week.... it saved us! We would have been so frustrated without it. It is almost impossible at times to get around without one. It will even work in the States when we someday make our way back there.
We had the coldest day of the year here yesterday. Those of you who know my LOVE for cold weather know that I was in heaven! Most days this time of year are cold and blustery and do my heart good. I hear that in the coming months it will get dark around 3:30 and not get light again till 8:00, we will have to see how that goes.
Micah will be heading back to work next week so I am sure I will have a lot of free time... So expect quite a few new blogs next week!

7 comments:

Tessa said...

Congrats on finding a home! I am so excited to see pictures of it! Jennie, I love that you have a blog... it's so fun to follow what's going on in you guy's
oh-so-interesting lives! Thanks for keeping us all updated!
-Tessa

Brian Jager said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessica said...

Your house is so cute...I love blogs it is just so much easier to keep in touch!

Trina Baron said...

Jennie! I love your new home. It is so cute and cozy looking. I'm sure time will fly by and you will be in there before you know it. Thinking about you a lot!

Lincoln said...

the house looks great. Blog!! happy birthday Micah. I saw rita and Malachi yesterday. I tried to stand up for you, but Malachi just ripped on you the whole time. keep up the good work and, micah, holler at your boy every once in awhile. you too, jennie.

Tina said...

you're gap bill came to my house. it's due oct. 23. let me know what you want me to do with it.

Unknown said...

Nice home Jennie. Looks like a cozy place for you two. You'll be moved in just in time to get settled before the family arrives at Christmas. How nice. Linda and I wish you all the best and are happy for you.

Bill