Sunday, August 2, 2009

For those of you who are wondering if we have fallen off the face of the earth...we are still here!! We have had a crazy three weeks. The first two weeks we spent in in Oklahoma City because Micah was there for a class. I was so happy to have a chance to go with him. I was only planning on staying there for the first week and then coming home but my plane was canceled so I was able to spend another week in the States!! I was so happy to live among Americans once again!!! It was such a nice vacation for me. Micah had class everyday but I had nothing so I just soaked up some sun and did a bit of shopping:). I felt like a serious "lady of leisure". So in addition to Oklahoma City we also had a chance to go to Wichita and see some old friends. All in all we had a great time. I never knew I could enjoy the Midwest that much!

The greatest thing we did in OKC was visit the Oklahoma City Bombing Memorial. I remember when all that happened but I didn't expect it to be so moving. Both Micah and I were blown away but the solemness of the place. They have a beautiful memorial site and they also have a museum. When we left the museum I was emotionally exhausted. I had to fight back tears the entire time we were there. If any of you ever have the opportunity to see that I would strongly suggest it. It shows a different side of terrorism, that's for sure.

When we got back to Ely we immediately started a motorcycle class. Now for those of you who know Micah you much know that he has wanted a motorcycle for sooooooo long. After studying the Harley-Davidson company for his master's class he has been very excited to go out and buy one. In order to ride a motorcycle on any military base you are required to take a 3 day course. I was so happy that Micah wanted me to do this with him. He had three straight days off work and we had a blast! We both passed with flying colors and are very much looking forward to buying a bike. When we get back from our trip to Washington I think we will look into it.

And that brings us up to the next two weeks. We are heading back to the wonderful United State's of America to enjoy the great Pacific Northwest with our friends and family. As you can imagine we can't wait!! This is a very exciting trip for Micah especially because we will finally be able to meet his niece Mariah. So we take off on Tuesday and we get a full 2 weeks. Hopefully we will be able to get together with some of you!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

woohoo...you are bloggin again!! I told Tina when you get home we have to have a girls night! We will have to see if it fits in your schedule:)