Thursday, August 27, 2009

Off to Germany

We are off to Germany tomorrow morning, for a short overnight trip. I am really looking forward this outing for two reasons.

Reason 1, I have never been to Germany. We have lived here almost a year and I still haven't been there. Kind of strange. We will only be there for a night and most likely will never leave the base, but I can still check it off the list. Micah has some work to do there so I will most likely be on my own, but it will still be fun. I hear Ramstien, the base we are going to, just finished a new shopping mall of sorts so I am looking forward to seeing that. Depending on how adventurous I feel I may venture off the base for a few hours to take in some sights.

Reason 2 that I am looking forward to this trip is that Micah is going to be the pilot!! Yup, that's right, I will finally get to go on a flight with him while he flying. In all our years I have never flown with him, not even in a little Sessna. So if all goes as planned (which it rarely does in the Air Force) Micah and I will be off to Germany tomorrow morning. How crazy is it that we will go in the morning and be back Saturday evening? So as they say in German, Bis gleich!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Talk about a fun date(of sorts). Have fun!