Wednesday, February 4, 2009

back at home, safe and sound

I just wrote a huge post!! I went to add pictures and I lost it all. Sometimes the Internet really ticks me off. Oh well. So here are some pictures from my time in Washington and Wichita. I had such a wonderful time. I was able to go on a cruise with my amazing family to celebrate my cousin Nicole's wedding. It was so perfect, the only thing that could have made it better was Micah. Although since Micah wasn't there I got to share a room with my cousin Kristin, and I was so thankful to spend time with her. We used to do so much together and as we grow up we just never see one another anymore. So the cruise was fun, we did a little karaoke, and by a little I mean every single night! We dominated that cruise.
Here is Joe and Tina enjoying themselves on the cruise. We were so happy that my brother could come. In true Joe form, he waited until the Saturday before we left to decide that he wanted to go. It was worth the hassle to get him there, we had a blast.


Besides having fun on the cruise I had a great time at my parents house. It snowed so much! We had a great view of the valley covered in snow and my parents house looked beautiful.



I got to spend time with my awesome nieces and nephew. This is Malachi and Reta on Christmas morning.


I miss my parents dog, Ginger, so much when I am gone. Micah and I love dogs and we really would like to get one. Unfortunately Micah's job makes that kind of difficult. So when we are home we show Ginger lots of love.


When I was done in Washington I headed to Wichita. Most of you are probably thinking, why on earth would you go back there? When we left I didn't look back. But we still have some great friends there, and it is super easy to get back from McConnell. So here are a few pictures of me and the Bouma girls watching the Super Bowl with our 3-D glasses.







So my wonderful vacation is over and do you know what I came home to? A broken pipe in my kitchen. That was the last thing I wanted to find. Fortunately it hadn't been broken for too long. But I am currently without water and that is no fun when you've spent too many hours on an airplane. I am hoping to have plumber here in the morning. I will let you know how that goes.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

It was so nice to have you home and to be able to see you so much!! Can't wait to see you again next time you make it across the pond. And we did dominate karaoke...woo woo......lol.

Unknown said...

I am so happy you were able to come on the cruise, I miss you already! Love the pics!

Unknown said...

Can you email me the karaoke pics?

Life Across the Pond said...

Wow, I see you had some Mike's Hard Lemonade at the super bowl, and apparently you gave some to Jackie as well. Classy.
-Micah