Friday, February 27, 2009

Back from Paris!

After a quick but good trip to Paris we are at home relaxing, and putting off laundry:). We had such a nice time. I was pleasantly surprised. I had always heard that Paris is dirty and gross and smelled bad and all that. And while yes it was a bit dirty it was very nice. It seemed like every corner had a trash can but litter was everywhere! Kind of odd. But anyways I'm sure you all just want to see some pictures. We will start off with the Eifell Tower, we went there on Wednesday night right as the sun was setting. Unbelievable. It was beautiful. When we finally made our way back down it lit up with sparkling lights. Oh so pretty. We only have one picture that turned out and it is just us at the top of the tower.


Here is our FAVORITE photo from the trip. We were at the Louvre and saw this awesome sculpture.
Apparently, the high five was invented before clothing:).
The Louvre was a lot of fun. I was blown away by all the amazing sculpture. It was neat to see the Mona Lisa but it is just a painting. Sculpture takes so much more time and detail. It was so cool.
The first night we hung out at the "Great Canadian Pub," we felt very much at home. There was a Canadian guy sitting next to me and he even thought I was a Canadian. Actually he asked me if I had a "hoser" accent. Can you believe that? Everywhere I go people think I'm a Canadian.


Here are some other pictures from our trip. Just some sights from around Paris. We were riding the elevator up the Eiffell Tower and we saw this etching of our President. We thought it was funny so Micah took a picture. They are obsessed with Mr. Obama over here. Maybe he should be President over here instead. What do you think?







1 comment:

Unknown said...

I agree that maybe he should be their Pres. in fact i'd pay his plane fare.