Friday, August 26, 2011

What A Week

Wow, we have had quite the eventful week. Monday was a big day around here with Reese turning 9 months! I just had to take a moment Monday morning and think about my life 1o months ago before Reese...I can't really remember what I did with my days. I can't believe how fast these last few months have flown by. I know everyone always says how fast they go and you need to cherish every moment but I never really understood how true that was. Now with Reese being a whole 9 months she thinks she's a rock star! She pulls herself up on absolutely everything and has to walk along the couch and coffee table and anything else she can pull up on. Another Reese milestone is that she is routinely waking up at 7 or later every morning! She has even hit 8 a couple of mornings! This is huge because she has always been a 6:15-6:30 girl. That extra 1/2 hour plus is amazing! If Micah leaves early enough for work in the morning I even have time to drink a cup of coffee and read my Bible all before she wakes up!

Monday was also a big day for me because I finally finished my Master's!!! I am so excited to be 100% done with school for the rest of my life! All week I have had the strange feeling that I need to be doing something....but I don't:). I am so happy that now I can really enjoy Reese's nap times. I may even get a chance to read a book for my enjoyment.

Today is what the Air Force calls a "Family Day". We seem to have a lot of these living in England. A Family Day is a day when Micah gets to stay home from work and be with his family. We LOVE Family Day's around this camp. We will maybe take the train into Cambridge today and do some browsing through the market. It will depend on Reese though because she is threatening being sick and I just can't quite read how the day will turn out yet.

1 comment:

Missionary Mommy said...

Jennie! I so understand the excitement of an extra half hour of sleep in the morning. Asher has always been an early riser as well. And congrats on finishing your Master's...what an accomplishment. So proud of you! Hope you are doing well my friend!