Monday, April 27, 2009

Home from London!

Caleb and I just got home from London. We had such an amazing day. It started out a little rocky but we got there none the less. The first thing we saw was the London Museum and the Rosetta Stone. It was really cool. I had never been there before so it was a first for both of us. One GREAT thing about London is that pretty much every single museum is FREE! They ask for a donation when you come in but that is it. They have more museums than I have ever seen before. We started the journey with the Rosetta Stone and saw mummies and Greek sculpture and a ton of other stuff. It really makes you feel insignificant. We go through every day stressed out about this and that thinking our lives are so important. Then you see a bunch of sculptures from like 1300 BC and you realize our lives are so small. This world is so old. Civilizations all through time have been leaving their mark on this world. It also makes you think about what legacy we will leave. It was be interesting to fast forward 500 years and see how we influenced the world. So that is my deep thought for the month. Do what you will with it:)

Tomorrow Caleb and I are going on base to see Micah and his airplane. Even though I have done this more times than I can count I always get excited to see him show people his plane. I get so proud of him. Caleb will hopefully get to go to a simulation of flying the plane with Micah. Once when my dad and uncles came to visit us in Kansas Micah took them in a sim but that has been the only time so I think it will be a lot of fun. If I get some good pictures of Caleb and me flying we will post them.

No comments: