Sunday, November 9, 2008

Micah and I spent part of our Saturday exploring our new town, Ely. Ely is known for one thing and that is it's cathedral. Years ago Ely was surrounded by water and this amazing cathedral was the center of it all. It must have been an amazing site. Eventually the Dutch I believe came in and drained all the land around Ely so now it has some pretty good farm land. But the first few pictures here are of the cathedral. We went into town yesterday and went to the open market which they have every Thursday and Saturday. I wanted some fresh asparagus but no one had any. The reason we go to the market is so we can get fresh produce. When we buy produce on base it is first shipped from the states to Germany and then to us, so it is not the freshest.






There is also a little cemetery in one of the lawns outside of it that I thought was kind of interesting. There seems to be little cemeteries just like this one all over East Anglia ( the region of England we live in). Now keep in mind that these two pictures of the cathedral are two very small parts of the whole thing. I just couldn't get back far enough to take a picture of the whole thing. As I drive home from base I can see the whole thing and I tried to take a picture the other day but it did not turn out. I am starting a photography class the first week of December and hopefully I will be able to take better pictures for you all.
The last two photos are of a cathedral in Cambridge. Micah and I went into Cambridge last night to get him a nice wool coat (which yes, he looks amazing in) and some new clothes so he will look a little more British. He is quite the British guy now, very dashing. So we had to park on top of the parking center and I thought we had a pretty good view of this cathedral.


1 comment:

ben and chris said...

oops we're new at this, that comment was supposed to go underneath Jennie's story about Micah's new clothes.

Thanks AGAIN sweet Jennie!