Friday, November 21, 2008

Hi everyone! I know it has been way too long since the last post. Life has been beyond crazy for us. My house is finally starting to look like a house and that makes me feel so good. We still don't have anything on the walls but that will come. Since Micah and I aren't supposed to put anything on the walls we need to call Noel, our wonderful landlord, and he has to come and do it. I don't really want to put him out too much so my goal is to know where I want everything before he gets here. If you all don't know this about me, I have a problem with commitment. Even committing to where I hang pictures on walls. I like to hang it and look at it for a few days to see if I will like it or not. Unfortunately that doesn't work too well here. You want to know something else about our house? Well, I was so excited because I have a double oven and I have always wanted that. I went to put a cookie sheet in it today and I learned that a sheet will not fit in either oven. Things are so different here.
My favorite holiday is just around that corner and they don't even celebrate it here. All of November and December are devoted to Christmas, no Thanksgiving. We won't even have a church service to go to. Since it will be just the two of us I think we are going to bypass the turkey this year and do Cornish game hens. I have never done that before and I am looking forward to the change.
Well that is what is new in the life of the Vander Veens. Sorry it is kind of boring. Pictures will come soon. Maybe tomorrow...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Micah's Thanksgiving is in very good hands with you Jennie. Glad to hear all is well... You should try those "Command" hooks that 3M puts out. They are supposed to hold like cement, and remove without damaging the walls. I've tried them, and they work pretty well!