Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Okay, it was brought to my attention today that I have been neglecting this blog. Which is really nothing new for me because I am the worlds worst blogger, but I thought when I had Reese that I would step it up and keep everyone up to date with what is going on with us. I had a very warped idea of what life with a baby would be like:). I thought it would be a lot of sleeping, cuddling, and eating. While those three things do take place everyday, there is also a lot of crying! Sometimes the day is over and I wonder where it went. I start back up with my masters classes today and I am a bit nervous that I will not find the time to get my work done. Reese takes up a lot of my time. But, I would rather be wiping tears and holding my little girl than cleaning my house or doing school work anyways.

Reese was 7 weeks old yesterday. I just can't believe it. Time is flying by. She is changing by the minute, or so it feels:). She has recently discovered that her fingers fit in her mouth and she quite enjoys them. Sometimes it seems like she would rather keep her fingers in her mouth rather than eat. She is so alert when she is awake these days. She recognizes voices, especially Micah's. When Micah starts talking to her her eyes move around and look for him and she gets a huge smile on her face. She is a big smiler. The three things that bring smiles to her face are her dad, bath time and diaper changing time. Those are pretty much the best things in her life right now:).

Micah will be gone for the next couple of days so it is just us girls for a while. I am kind of looking forward to this time with Reese. I will actually only be alone for 2 days because my friend Tara is coming on Friday and she will be here for a week. I am looking forward to the visit and I am excited for her to meet Reese. It will be nice to have an extra set of hands around the house too to help out with Reese.

I was just reading a friends blog and she said something that really spoke to me. I really liked it so I thought I would share. She said something about how when our babies wake up in the middle of the night and we find ourselves feeding, holding and rocking we should take that time to speak with the Lord. Lately when I get up with Reese I am just so tired all I want to do is get it over with and go back to bed. But after reading what my friend said I think I will take those precious moments and spend some time with my Lord.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

She sounds like such a sweetie Jennie, and I can't believe she is 7 weeks old already either! I can't wait to meet her sweetness in person some day, I'll send some extra special loves with Tara!

Unknown said...

So good to see you blogging again Jennie, Uncle Bill was THRILLED! I loved your comment about "the warped idea" of parenting. Trust me, it does get better. :-( Have a good time with Tara, she is looking forward to seeing you, and baby Reese. Look for surprises coming your way.

Love, Uncle Bill and Aunt Judy

P.S. Now that you have the words down, can you get some pictures on the blog? You know, in your free time!

Missionary Mommy said...

Oh Jennie! I am so happy for you and your beautiful baby girl. I love what you said at the end about praying when you are up with your baby. Asher is 16 months old and I still get up with him sometimes in the night. This is when God speaks to me and tells me who to pray for. It's what gets me through. Take care my friend!