Thursday, November 12, 2009

A Little Homesick

Well, as you can see from the title of this blog today I am feeling a bit homesick. But not in the usual way. I was just in Washington a couple months ago, I don't miss it that much yet. What has brought on my homesickness today is that fact that my hair is growing like crazy and it is time for me to get a haircut! I have yet to get my haircut in England. In fact, in the almost 5 years we have been married I have had my hair cut one time by someone other than a Lynden person. I am quite frugal and don't like to spend the money on haircuts so I usually just get it cut like once maybe twice a year. But my latest hair style is such that I need to keep up on it or else it just goes frumpy. Unfortunately, I have found the most amazing stylist in the entire world and she is in Lynden. I know right? I live right outside of London but I wish I could be in podunk L-town to get a haircut. But you don't understand how wonderful Mandi is...she cuts my hair perfectly. And by the way, if any of you are between stylists, I would strongly recommend her, she is at Northwest hair in Lynden. But anyways, it is hard finding a new girl to cut your hair. You never know what you are going to get. Especially when you have a mix of fine and thick hair like mine, it can go frumpy VERY fast. So I am sitting here trying to figure out who to have cut my hair in the next few weeks but really just wishing I could be back in Lynden for just a day to have Mandi cut my hair.

So that is my blog for today. Not the the norm, right? But I am discouraged and thought I would share with you all because Micah doesn't really want to listen to me complain about my hair and I had to get it out.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Jen,
I hear you about the hair cut issues but I have the perfect solution. When your mom and I got discouraged about our hair when we were about your age, we just got perms! You see, we were frugal like you (actually, we simply had no money:)) The money, or lack there-of, did not stop us. To make our plan work, we simply cut out the middle-man! We bought a Lilt home perm and gave them to each other! Mind you, a Toni or an Olgalvie perm would have worked well too, but a Lilt used paper sheets instead of the pink foam sheets that a Lilt perm had to wrap your hair in. Sweet!

Jen, sadly it is too bad we did not take pictures of our new hair-dos or I would send them to you so you could really get the idea of what I am talking about. On second thought,if I did send a picture, it would filtered off of this posting by the Internet police because it was a scary site - and that is putting it nicely. Just ask your mom!

Happy Hairdresser Hunting! Love sent to you across the water!