Monday, March 16, 2009

Today is shaping up to be a wonderful day. The sun is shining and it has been consistently shining since this morning. Very rare. So after I finish my afternoon of cleaning I think I will venture over to the driving range. I talked to a lady at aerobics today and she told me all about the driving range in Ely. Apparently it has a 9-hole course also so maybe Micah and I will get a few holes in over the weekend.

So in addition to my golf plans and house cleaning I am hoping to make some cookies today. Baking is always a funny thing around here. Micah tells me not to bake because he thinks we need to loose weight. Which I agree with completely. But so he tells me no cookies but then he eats chips. Go figure. So I bake the cookies, he eats most of them and then tells me not to bake anymore. It is just something we do.

So after our exploring day in Ely I talked with my friend Danell and we have made plans to shop in Ely this week. This is kind of exciting because Danell and I always shop in Newmarket and Cambridge, we never stay in my town. So it will be nice to share my town with my friend. We will go for tea like true Brits and probably eat some scones. I love going for tea because the food is always so good! There is a tea house in Ely called "Peacocks" and it was voted number one in the UK in 2007. That is quite something considering all the tea houses in Britain.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Oh how I wish I could come and eat scones with you:) Eat one for me ok you don't have to tell micah;)