Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Hooray for Jennie!

I realizing naming a post "Hooray for Jennie" may sound a bit conceited. But guess what I did? I did my taxes! That's right all on my own. You have no idea what an accomplishment this is. I am sure many of you do this every year but not me. Every year I start them on Turbo Tax but end up taking them in because it is too confusing. But this year I sat down and started...and I finished. Who knew??? I told Micah I bet he didn't think he married a girl that could do taxes and he said he didn't really think that was my thing. But I surprised the both of us. Tanya, you would be proud:). So now we are just waiting for our refund check. And if I did screw up on a few little things (which I doubt) Turbo Tax told me I am at no risk of being audited so the government will never even know:),lol.

So thanks for reading my little brag session. It won't happen very often but I thought it was called for on this one.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

We are soooooo proud of you and your dad and i both know you didn't get that from us as we always end up hiring an accountant.

Unknown said...

Hey, what's wrong with hiring an accountant? From what I hear, they are a pretty bright group of peoples! :-)

Unknown said...

Hooray for Jennie! You need to sing it loud! The hardest taxes I have ever done were for my kids when they were in high school. We could do the quick and easy form - a no-brainer, but I even thought that was pretty good. Thanks for the updates on your life. I love your blog pictures!

Jessica said...

Hoorah for Jennie!